Dream on

6:21 PM / Publié par Monsieur K. /

Well, Internet's up and running again. At last.

Well, today I stopped paying for my WoW account. Surprisingly, it wasn't that difficult. Of course, it's been a few month since I've really stopped playing, but that doesn't mean I don't see the people I met there anymore, and maybe now more than ever. Cheers mates !

Books, now. I've started reading some Blaise Cendrars (L'homme foudroyé). I must say I'm not a great fan of "classic" literature. I often find it, if not boring, not that interesting compared to some fantasy or sci-fi authors, despised because they write "children books". For once, I'm glad to say that I was proved wrong. Cendrars is part of that (too) small group of guys who know how to use our language, bringing it alive and making every word meaningful. Writing is not about finding tricky sentences to make the reader feel smart and educated, especially in French. Furthermore, Cendrars' world, mostly set between the two WWs, rocks. Somehow, this life of journeys, meetings, friendship and loneliness makes me remember of Shakespeare and Co., and of course Hemingway and Kerouac.

Come read some ! - Eeek

"Everytime that I look in the mirror
All these lines on my face gettin clearer
The past is gone
It went by like dust to dawn
Isnt that the way
Everybodys got their dues in life to pay"
Aerosmith - Dream on

Libellés : , ,